LANGUAGE
INDUSTRIES
AUDIENCE
REPRESNTATION
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6857112/mediaviewer/rm3483724800/?ref_=tt_ov_i
The film poster I have chosen is a film that I have watched called 'Us', From what I can see I think the genre of the film is 'horror' as well as a subgenre of horror called 'psychological horror'. I think this due to the dark colours conveying an ominous feel that makes the audience feel intrigued yet slightly put-off. The setting of the poster isn't definite which could be to make the audience unsure about the character's -that is being displayed- past and location. The character that is being displayed has what looks like prison attire, from this I can infer that the character could be an inmate or has been one or maybe has even escaped prison. Overall, the attire that the person is wearing is trying to let us know that that they could potentially be a dangerous, law-breaking character. The person is holding a mask of what appears to be their own face; from the mask I can infer that perhaps the person has a secret identity and is hiding something ominous from the rest of the characters, however has revealed themselves to us(the audience) potentially wanting us to know who they really are underneath the mask, which could pose as a twist while watching the movie. The movie 'US' was produced by Universal Pictures and produced by Jordan Peele. Universal Pictures is the oldest surviving major film studio in America and are owned by the corporation called NBCUniversal. They have 'Sister Studios' called 'Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and Focus Features'. I think the target audience for this movie could be people who are interested in horror movies as well as people who enjoy being thrilled. I think I know this by the deliberate horror aspects on display. It could also be an interest for people who have watched and enjoyed Universal Pictures' previous movies such as 'Get Out' which was shown at the top of the movie poster. I think the poster was meant to be a stereotypical horror poster by using key conventions of darkness and concealed identities. The person on the poster is of colour and denotes that the film focuses on ethnic minorties.
No comments:
Post a Comment